Next Stage Theatre Company
Next Stage is one of the UK’s most innovative and adventurous non-professional theatre companies. Based
in the city of Bath, a World Heritage site located in the West of England, Next Stage was founded in 1994
and has established a reputation for its award winning drama focusing on 20th and 21st century plays.
Key attributes of the company are:
- Innovative and challenging productions, see our past shows.
- Our own dedicated 100 seater theatre in the round - The Mission Theatre.
- Theatre Supper events, combining drama and convivial dining.
- Over 50 members on the team plus a flourishing youth group.
- Touring appearances at the Minack Open Air Theatre on the cliffs at Porthcurno, Cornwall as well as to the Workshop Theatre, New York and The Jermyn Street Theatre, London.
- School performances and ‘Page-to-Stage’ workshops linked to exam texts.
- Theatre in Education Workshops, where Next Stage actors take drama to local schools.
Being Part Of The Company:
Below are some quotes from actors and crew within Next Stage, describing what it is is like to be part of the company.
“With Next Stage: On Stage - great plays with talented casts and directed with vision. Back Stage - a dedicated and clever crew team. Off Stage - warm and generous friends.”
“However small one’s contribution, it’s great to be part of a team that is so friendly, so creative and so successful. Next Stage never stands still.”
”… and in his time a man may play many parts – I certainly have in my short time with Next Stage.”
“If only my poor old mum could see me now! Support to a band of mummers/strolling players/rude mechanicals; but it’s such fun, Ma!”
“Next Stage has a ‘family feel’ to it – I’ve played two mothers (“All My Sons” and “Mother Courage”) and a brother (Valverde in “The Royal Hunt of the Sun”).”
“The sky’s the limit and everyone’s a star.”
“Thank you Next Stage for sending me round the world as an American longshoreman, an Equadorian interpreter, a Russian peasant, a French major domo, an East-German villager, and five Italian brothers in Bath, Bristol and Cornwall.”
” ‘All the world’s a stage …’ which should be daunting but Next Stage looks after its family with friendship, support, encouragement, great teamwork, and terrific productions. I’m Next Stage struck!”